Saturday, April 21, 2012

Couch 2 5k: Week 17

WEEK 17??? REALLY?? What a journey so far!!  The Couch to 5K program I started with was "supposed" to have me running a 5K in 9 weeks. Well, as my running coach told me "we all start from different couches so use it as a guideline!" I do not think I would have made it this far without hearing that sentence!

So this week I finished the last run of week 8 and I did the 1st run of week 9!
Run 1:
Walk 5 minutes
Run 15 minutes
Walk 5 minutes

Run 2:
Walk 5 minutes
Run 28 minutes
Walk 5 minutes

Run 3:
Walk 5 minutes
Run 30 minutes
Walk 5 minutes
The 1st run I did was on Monday and it was a hard day. I had a procedure at the hospital to try and determine why I am not getting pregnant. Because of almost dying in 2006 from a freak accident gallbladder removal surgery, hospital procedure rooms usually bring on a panic attack for me.  The kind doctor did give me a Valium that helped some. It was also hard because Misa was away working. I wanted to get some running in that day but I was nervous to say the least so I decided to do an easy run and then head to the hospital.


For Run 2 we had a busy day that had us leave the house at 7:30 a.m. and we returned after 8:00 p.m. Chloe had an appointment in Edmond so after that she and Allie went and hung out with their buddy Katie while I ran at the OC gym. It was GREAT!! They have the BEST fans over their treadmills and I have always ran better when there is a big fan!

I did run 3 at my YMCA and it was by far my hardest/best run!! It was soooo hot in the Y and although I love the Nike treadmills the little fans on them are a JOKE!! Plus the other night Buster came running toward me while I was sitting on the couch and so I put my foot up and he had his month open and his bottom fang went in my foot!! I did the 30 minutes though!!

I can't believe in 8 days I will be running the 5K I have been working toward! What a hard, wonderful, and roller coaster of a  journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment