Monday, April 2, 2012

Couch 2 5K: Week 14

I realized when I got back from Arizona that I have like 5 weeks until the race I signed up for so I had better learn to let go of my control and start running outside. So for 2 of my 3 runs this week I ran outside! Allie and I would walk to school in the morning together and then I would run home (the long way) which was exactly a mile from the school to my house. As always for me it is harder to run outside then in the gym.
These were my runs this week:




Run 1
Walk 5
Run 10
Walk 5
Run 5
Walk 5

Run 2:
Walk Allie to school
Run all the way home

Run 3 (at the Y):
Walk 5
Run 13
Walk 5
Run 8
Walk 5

All in all it was very good for me to let go of the control I feel when I run on the treadmill and listen to my good christian music, feel the wind on my face, be in that moment/in that stride and not focus on how far I had to run. All my runner friends talk about "the zone". I think I am getting there but I still need to let go and just enjoy the journey more.

No comments:

Post a Comment