Sunday, February 12, 2012

Couch 2 5K: Week 7

Well, I have finally embraced the idea that the couch 2 5K program is a "guideline" and not a set in stone. My running coach has been telling me that but she also send me an article this week finally made things click. Here is the article (http://www.active.com/running/Articles/Running-Tips-for-Newbies.htm?cmp=1747)


So I have decided to just call the weeks the number of weeks I have been attempting to run. SO I this was the 7th week of my running adventure!


This was my progress:

RUN 1:
Walk 5 minutes
Run 3 minutes
Walk 3 minutes
Run 3 minutes 30 seconds
Walk 2 minutes 30 seconds
Run 3 minutes
Walk 2 minutes
Run 4 minutes
Walk 5 minutes

RUN 2
Walk 5 minutes
Run 3 minutes
Walk 2 minutes 30 seconds
Run 4 minutes
Walk 2 minutes 30 seconds
Run 3 minutes
Walk 2 minutes
Run 4 minutes 30 seconds
Walk 5 minutes

RUN 3:
Walk 5 minutes
Run 3 minutes
Walk 2 minutes
Run 4 minutes
Walk 2 minutes 30 seconds
Run 3 minutes
Walk 2 minutes
Run 4 minutes 30 seconds
Walk 5 minutes

I got an awesome running shirt in the mail this week along with some running CDs and a list of running songs!

I felt very accomplished this week and I am hoping to move forward next week and push myself a little further each time!

No comments:

Post a Comment