Thursday, June 13, 2013

A prayer for my children:

The last few weeks have been a wonderful whirlwind of answered prayers for our family! Last night in class, one of the Ladies shared how her friend prayed this scripture over her children as they were growing up. 

When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower CHLOE & ALLIE with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in CHLOE & ALLIE'S hearts as CHLOE & ALLIE trust in him. May CHLOE & ALLIE'S roots grow down into God’s love and keep CHLOE & ALLIE strong. And may CHLOE & ALLIE have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May CHLOE & ALLIE experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then CHLOE & ALLIE  will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than CHLOE & ALLIE might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:14-21 NLT)

Praying scripture is something that is a little new to me but I love how personal it makes God's word. In this prayer, You simply replace your child or children's names in place of "you". It has inspired me to take a journey the next 7 days with a daily devotional called "Promises from God for your child." I will share these prayers with you for the next 7 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment