Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Couch 2 5K: Week 1

Well I started my New Year's Resolution Early! And have completed Week 1 of my "Couch 2 5K" program.


I found a great app that talks over your music and says "Run" "Walk" "Run" "Walk"! I really like that I can use my rhapsody account and build play lists with only paying $10 a month! The first week the program has you walk for 5 minutes then run for 1 minute and then walk for 90 secs for 20 minutes and then walk for 5 minutes again.

The first day I was sooooooooo sore but by the time I did the 3rd day I was not sore the next day!  I have found that if I take a hot bath and throw in these aches and pains bath salts, rub my thighs down with icy hot, and drink my muscle recovery green tea it REALLY helps!

My friend Amy has become my "running coach"! I text her after each work out and then I call her if I have questions or I am not feeling confident.  She is GREAT and I know I could not have done it without her and I would NOT have moved onto week 2! She suggested that I start a running jar and put a dollar in anytime run and the best thing is Misa said he would match anything I put it!!

I also was thinking about the "emotionally" healthy people in my life and realized that most of them run so I thought it would be good for more than just getting in shape!

Lesson Learned: "Easy things are not good." -My husband.
I can exercise! Accountabilty is SO important in life to get me where I want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment