Saturday, August 13, 2011

3 Years!!

Misa and I will have been together 7 years in September.
We have been through a lot in those 7 years and I am so thankful that he hung in there with me through my insanity and I am so thankful he made me wait 4 years before we married.
God has blessed me with a hard working, loyal, loving, and forgiving husband.  God has used him to bring balance to my "worst case scenario" thinking and made me dream again and not hear a dream and automatically think of all the reasons it would not work. He has loved my girls, provided for them, and taught them how to ride their bikes.I truly believe this man has it in him to bring change and I have never met anyone who is such a natural and amazing leader.

Coming from 2 different cultures has been a learning experience. It has created growth, learning, frustration at times, and a lot of laughs!

On Monday August 8th we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary!  To celebrate we went to a tapas bar & grill (Tapas (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈtapas]) is the name of a wide variety of appetizers, or snacks, in Spanish cuisine) in brichtown called Bolero.
The food was amazing!! We started off with some papas fritas with garlic aoloi alongside some shredded pork empanadas!
We also ordered the most amazing salad I had EVER had in my LIFE! It consisted of romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, white beans, feta cheese, red onion, fresh cilantro, tossed in a cilantro vinaigrette! AMAZING!
Then we had prosciutto wrapped prawns, pork tamales, and hand breaded calamari!



BUT the dessert was defiantly the finale! Dulce de leche ice cream accompanied by fried plantains drizzled in honey!
It was a wonderful night not becuase of the food but becuase I got to spend sometime with Misa celebrating our commitment we made 3 years ago. I hope each year can get better for us and when things do get tough to remember Who brought us together and Who can strengthen and heal issues when they arise. I love this man with all my heart and pray that God will make me the wife God wants me to be for Misael.

TE QUIERO MUCHO MI AMORCITO!


Lesson Learned: Striving for perfection will not keep my marriage together or even make it better. God is the one that brought Misa and I together and He is the one, the only one that can make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment