Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 Peaks, Pits, and 2012 Goals!

I once heard it said that "the difference between a goal and a dream is a timeline!"  I know some people think that "New Years Resolutions" are cliche but I like the idea of a new year and new goals!

I also think that before I really set new goals it is good to look at the year in review with its peaks and pits!


PEAKS:
  • Chloe started middle school.
  • Misa's job moved to Weatherford and he moved into more of a supervisor/office role so he is home every night.
  • I joined the Celebrate Recovery Ministry TEAM at Memorial road church of Christ as the Female "E" (encourager).
  • Allie went to school without her Big sister for the first time!
  • We added "Oscar the boxer" to our family.
  • Misa and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary!
  • I got the privilege to go to California and attend the CR summit! It was life changing.
  • We bought a camper!
  • I started eating healthy and for the first time in my life I feel free from the chains of a scale! My food choices are based on what will make me feel good and not what I can get "away" with eating or what I think I can get "away" from by eating.

PITS:
  • We suffered another miscarriage.

I am really excited about the goals I am choosing to set for 2012! So here they are in a nut shell!
  • I want to run a 5K in April at the OKC Memorial Marathon! So I am going to start a Couch to 5K before 2012.
  • I hope that we can have a successful pregnancy in 2012.
  • Make a lot more family memories with camping fun!
  • I hope to be a more present mom and let the "little things" go!
Lesson Learned: Reflecting over the last year is encouraging to see all the good that has occurred as well as the tough things that make us a stronger family.
 
Setting goals is good for me!! Working toward something that makes me healthier and/or a better person, or brings me closer to my family helps me get through the tough times of life!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenn,

    I want you to know how inspiring you have been to me the last 6 months. There is something new about you, you seem so much happier. We don't talk enough for me to pinpoint what it is, but I see it. I wish you the best on your goals and thanks for sharing the "peaks and pits" as such a transparent Christian leader!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete