Thursday, September 15, 2011

FINALLY A DINING ROOM I LOVE!

When we bought our house about 1 1/2 years ago it was a "short-sell" wreck! I loved the vaulted ceilings. I liked that the kitchen had a nice size dining room attached but once I painted the accent wall I did not know what to put on it. I have my great-grandmother's grandmothers pie safe, my grand mothers sewing machine with her mothers sewing box and my great-grandmothers dishes.  I found a table at a place here in the city that had a table the matched all the antiques but I was sooooo lost with the huge brown wall!! My friend Beth is one of those people whose house looks like a magazine! Her husband and I grew up together but I have just been getting to know Beth so I emailed her and asked her to help! She came over and we looked and talked about the room and now I have a room I LOVE and not look at with despair, frustration, and hopelessness! I also did all of this for only $22! I got the lamp, white ceramic chicken, and metal candle box (the water pitcher was my great-grandmothers) at Goodwill, the plates at Ross, and plate hangers at Hobby Lobby!  The lamp was a 70s shiny brass so I spray painted it with some silver spray paint I had!


BEFORE!

AFTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment