Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Big Bertha & Our Family's Camping Adventures: Robber's Cave September 2011

We decided to take a little family camping trip this last weekend. We headed back to Robber's Cave because I knew my phone would not work down there and I needed a break from work and the outside world! We took the kids out of school a 1/2 day on Friday and headed out for our camping adventure! We arrived around 5:00 p.m., got "Big Bertha" set up and then we started dinner!



After dinner we took a hike!

We got back just at dark and set out and enjoyed the night air! We then headed inside and Misa taught us the card came "Con Quien"

After that we watched (well I fell asleep before the first 10 minutes were over) Indian Jones and the Last Crusade!
In the morning I woke up first and made pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, and sliced cantaloupe for breakfast! Then we all got ready and I realized I left my hiking shoes at home and all I had was my toms and my flip flops so the best husband in the WORLD took me to "town" (Wilburton) to the only store they have that sales shoes fit for hiking! SHARPS!

We then headed to the cave to hike!






After our hike we headed back to "Big Bertha" for lunch and just relax time! That afternoon Meme and Punkie came down!

After they arrived we headed to the paddle boats and kayaks!


They both did great!  Allie was great at going in a circle and a nice man went and got her brought her back. =)
After the paddle boats, kayaking, and a little swimming we headed back to camp and the girls hung out with Meme and Punkie while Misa, Oscar, and me went on a 2.5 mile hike!
Oscar took off after a deer while we were hiking and he really thought he was going to catch it!



After our hike we headed back to camp and we cooked out turkey burgers, hot dogs, and smores before saying goodbye to Meme and Punkie. We were all pretty tired but Oscar was the first one to fall asleep.

Bless her heart! Allie is a product of her mother. These are the "Lists" she made during our trip!



She was CONVINCED this was "BIG FOOTS" footprint!
We had a great time and made some good memories! I am so excited to see where we will go next! 
Lesson Learned: Quality time and Memories are what make a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment