Sunday, March 4, 2012

Couch 2 5K: Week 10

Well like my life, my running journey has been 3 steps forward 2 steps back. This is week 10!


I got one run this week before I discovered I had the FLU! So as my running coach told me..."Running Rules: Illness above the neck, run. Illness below the neck, no run."

I did really well in the one run I did:
Walk 5 minutes
Run 8 minutes
Walk 5 minutes
Run 6 minutes
Walk 7 minutes


I am happy that I still have 6 weeks until the race. And it made me feel good that as soon as the Dr said "You are positive for flu."
 My first thought was "NO!!! I can't run." which before I would have looked forward for a doctors excuse to not run!

God is good and I will continue to "run with perseverance the race marked out for me.". (Hebrews 12) Both in my running journey and my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment